No matter how big your closet is, it is important to have it organized in such a way that you can find what you want when you want it, and remove it, with a minimum of fuss and bother. And, just as important – put it back!
Large or Small, Closets Need Organizing
If your closet isn’t very big to begin with, then it is imperative to take advantage of as many closet accessories as you can to help you keep your clothing easily accessible and well cared for.
Accessories are made to fit the needs of both men and women.
What special accessories do men need?
Well, tie and belt holders for a start. Don’t stuff them together in a drawer when you can hang them up properly and make sure they are easy to find. Such companies as Hafele and Easy Track make such devices which you can install in your closet to make life a little bit easier. You place your ties and belts on the rack in such a manner that you can easily spot the one you need.
Men can do with a shoe storage system as well.
You can go with shoe cubbies, basically a system of utilitarian shelves in which you place your shoes, one set to a cubby hole. If space is at a premium you can even get what’s called an overdoor shoe rack, which is a system you install on the back of your door in which to place your shoes. Most of these types of systems can hold 15 pairs of shoes for you.
Of course shoe storage systems aren’t just for men. If you’re a woman you know that typically you’ll shoes than men, and so its imperative that you have a neat space for them. From shoe cubbies to overdoor systems to drawers, there’ll be something to fit your needs.
Then it’s time to look at shelving systems. Some people will need shelves that extend the entire length of the closet, others will need staggered shelves – and there’s companies out there that can make anything to fit your needs.
Clothing hampers can also be fitted inside your closet, so that you can be sure what clothes are cleans and which dirty. And if you have a lot of clothes (or bedding) that you don’t use anymore but don’t want to get rid of, there are systems for that as well, designed to save you a maximum amount of space.
If you’ve got a messy closet and you’ve decided it’s time to solve that problem, don’t go out and buy a lot of mismatched products. You’ll want to measure all the dimensions of your closet so that you’ll know exactly how much room you have. You’ll want to acquire items that will do the job but will also match the decor of your bedroom. Put a little bit of planning into what sorts of organizers you need…and then go out and get them.
Those are the ‘large’ items you’ll need. You’ll also want some small essentials, such as sachets to keep away moths, aroma balls to impart a nice aromatic odor, and damp ‘domes’ to absorb excess moisture. Indeed, no matter what you need, somewhere out there you can find it. And you’ll be glad you did.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary so you want it to be delightful and inviting. Here are 10 great ideas to inspire you to create the bedroom of your dreams.
1. Using Accents In Your Bedroom – The most delightful accent is to make generous use of decorative pillows. Pile your bed high with them using a variety of sizes and styles, colors and patterns. Layered pillows give a lush feel to any bedroom. Candles serve a dual purpose as an accent item. They can add a splash of color and they can give a wonderful mood altering scent. The scent of your bedroom really is quite important, so the judicious use of potpourri can be the perfect finishing touch.
2. A Lovely Idea For A Little Girl’s Room – Bring wonder and enchantment to your little girl’s room by using specialty lighting. A small decorative chandelier is quite affordable. Your little princess will be filled with joy as she gazes into the sparkling light.
3. An Interesting Use Of Neutrals – Decorate your bedroom with neutrals and you can constantly achieve a fresh look. There are many items within a bedroom that you can adapt with each season. Change your comforter, pillows and pictures to easily achieve new looks and color schemes on a regular basis.
4. A Fun Idea In Place Of A Picture – Personalizing your decor is what will make your bedroom unique. Instead of a picture, gather small momentos around a theme and display them in a shadow box. (A shadow box is simply a picture frame with depth.) As a theme, you could use items from all those music lessons you took as a child, or maybe keepsakes from the first dates with your husband – like ticket stubs and the cupie doll he won for you. You will feel the warmth of memories every time you see it.
5. Making The Most Of Your Bedroom Space – To create more space, your first consideration is color. Use cool light colors – whites, blues and greens to make the walls apparently recede. Another trick to help your space look larger is to paint the moldings to match the walls. Be very aware of the scale of your furniture. A small bedroom is simply not the place for a king-sized bed. Keep things clutter free and you’ll make the most of your livable space.
6. Pull Together A Theme – For a different look, try to replicate a favorite Hawaiian or tropical vacation you’ve enjoyed. Start with a bamboo headboard and plan on an island color scheme with bold prints. You can use plenty of plants to recreate the lush outdoors. Stick with natural fabrics and add a quality potpourri to remind you of your heaven on earth. A final touch would be naturally woven wood blinds. You will amaze yourself with the atmosphere you can create.
7. Using Bedding To Help Design – There are amazing colors and prints available for bedding. A decorating trick is to use your bedding to dictate your color scheme. Go for the most plush comforters and highest thread count sheets. You want your bedroom to be so inviting and desirable to you, that it beckons you every evening.
8. Contemporary Bedroom Design Ideas – To accomplish the popular contemporary design, try neutrals with nice accent colors, such as a muted navy. The idea is to stay crisp and clean. Florals don’t belong in this look. Go for a minimum of clutter and you’ll be well on your way.
9. Guest Bedroom Essentials – Part of offering great hospitality is to make your guest bedroom feel completely welcoming. On the night stand, have a spate of new magazines along with a water glass and a decorative bowl filled with candy. Your guests may be more cold-natured than you, so include an extra blanket on the bed. Finally, use high quality pillows and sheets to let them know that their comfort is paramount.
10. Creating A Romantic Bedroom – There is nothing as delightful as a bedroom that invites romance. Have soft lighting available and think plush – with lots of pillows and fabrics to give tactile pleasures. An excellent sound system with speakers discreetly tucked around the room will envelope you with mood-setting music. Use colors on the softer side which appeal to you personally. Try soft pinks or light greens – whichever color pleases you. The idea is surround yourself with luxury to create the perfect romantic retreat.
Commercial cleaning, similar to janitorial cleaning services, provides your facility with the custom, specified & detailed cleaning needed.
With over 750 customers in 5 states, DBS is large enough to handle all your commercial cleaning services needs but still small enough to care! With service frequencies ranging from 2 times per month to 7 days per week, we can get the job done as frequently (or infrequently) as needed. Whether you are in need of standard commercial janitorial cleaning services, detailed building cleaning, or general building maintenance, the professionals at DBS can handle all your building needs!
Our Client-Focused approach means that we put an emphasis on customer satisfaction. From customized cleaning schedules that fit your needs and budget to our extensive industry knowledge and experience, our focus is to ensure that the services we provide meet and exceed your expectations. And our proactive approach to customer service ensures that your 500th cleaning is just as good as your 1st.
At DBS our expertise does not stop at janitorial services! We are recognized as leaders in the floor care industry, and we specialize in floor maintenance and refinishing. We strip and refinish, scrub and recoat, and burnish vinyl flooring. We also machine scrub and pressure clean ceramic tile and grout. We even restore and refinish hardwood flooring and resurface and maintain concrete floors.
Here at DBS, we offer professional and thorough floor maintenance services. Our floor cleaning services are available on all types of flooring including VCT & vinyl, ceramic tile & grout, carpeting, hardwoods, and concrete. Here’s a full list of services we may
Here’s a list of services DBS can provide based on your specific flooring.
VCT & Vinyl Flooring
Stripping & Refinishing – protects the floor from damage and optimizes appearance
Removal of all old floor finish (stripping)
Thorough cleaning and rinsing of the bare floor surface
Reapplication of several coats of new floor finish
Scrubbing & Recoating – protects the floor from damage and optimizes appearance (cost-effective alternative to stripping & refinishing for well-maintained floors)
Machine cleaning of all old floor finish (scrubbing)
Thorough cleaning and rinsing of the clean floor surface
Reapplication of at least 2 coats of new floor finish
Buffing and Burnishing – restores the shine to finished floors to keep them looking their best (frequency varies depending on traffic and desired result)
Ceramic Tile Flooring
Machine Scrubbing – Thoroughly cleans and removes stains, soil and grime from ceramic tile and grout.
Machine cleaning/scrubbing of all tile and grout to loosen dirt, debris and grime
Vacuuming all tile and grout to remove loosened dirt, debris and grime
Rinsing of clean floor surface
Sealing of tile & grout (optional)
Hot Water Extraction – The most thorough and cost effective carpet cleaning available (recommended by most carpet manufacturers).
Stains are pre-sprayed with a cleaning agent
A solution of hot water and detergent is sprayed into the carpet fibers
Carpeting is agitated to loosen dirt and soil
Dirt, soil and detergent is vacuumed (extracted) out of the carpeting
*Dry/waterless options are available (inquire with your DBS representative).
Restoration & Refinishing – Our process removes scratches and wear, and restores the beauty of your hardwood floor, with no dust or odor.
Resurfacing – Our process provides you with the most cost-effective method of resurfacing and maintaining your concrete flooring. Floor coatings come in a wide variety of colors and finishes, and you can walk on the floors 24 hours after completion.
Have you been lacking ideas for baby room decorating styles? Luckily there is such a wealth of information around and many tips to help you get back on track.
When it comes to decorating a room in the house it can be an extremely stressful task. There are so many different colours and styles to choose from and it can put a lot of people off. Have you got a new baby or do you have one on the way and you need to get the baby room decorated? If so you may feel a little intimidated but luckily it is fairly easy once you know how!
How to Choose Decorating Styles for the Room?
When it comes to decorating the room for your baby, it is best to take your time before steaming ahead. It needs a bit of thought put into it and also you will need to get things that do not clash with everything else. For instance, the color of the paint needs to match with say the carpet and the furniture. If you know the sex of the baby then this can help you to choose a nice color scheme. If you do not know the sex of the baby then it is best to stick to a neutral unisex theme.
Choosing the color scheme is one of the first tasks that you should do. This then will help you to determine what furniture and carpets etc to use within the room. Also when it comes down to getting the furniture, make sure that you get the correct measurements. You should keep in mind that the room should not be too overcrowded; otherwise it will make the room look cramped. So make sure that you put the essentials in the room to make it look as nice as you intended it to.
It is always good to have an idea of what you want and how much you have to spend before buying everything. This can make things a lot easier for you and it can help eliminate any stress.
Are you Lacking Inspiration?
There are many sources of information and different tips that you can acquire to help with the decorating side of things. There are many magazines out there that offer decorating tips and pin point some of the latest trends. The internet is one of the best resources to use with a mass of information at your finger tips. You may see two different styles that you like and you may want to mix them up to get just what you want. This is a good idea but sometimes it may end up giving out a different result unless planned properly.
So although it can be stressful decorating, with a bit of planning before hand it can help considerably.